Saturday, May 5, 2012

Breakfast @ Ipoh Town Kopitiam

Hmn. It's more like a brunch, I suppose.

Half-boiled eggs
Eggs are yum no matter how they are cooked .... mix in a bit of soy sauce and a dash of pepper and tuck in ....

Kaya & butter toasts
Sweet and rich and buttery .... glad the bread was not over-toasted ... I'd happily gladly eat a whole stack of these :))

White Coffee
Aromatic coffee  ... I'd have a few cups of this anytime! The menu mentioned that the coffee had sweetener and condensed milk in there, but I was glad that it was not too sweet

 Curry Noodles
The gravy was quite fragrant and had a thick consistency. The condiments included long beans, shredded chicken, beansprouts, prawns and deep-fried tofu balls. Not bad, except that I did not like to eat yellow noodles ;)) It's a big, big bowl, much too big a portion for one.

 Another shot, close-up
Chicken Kuey Teow
I liked the smooth texture of the kuey teow, and the clear chicken soup was sweet and tasty. It had in there shredded chicken, prawns, and chives. Hmn, I'm not a fan of chives so I left them uneaten. Next time, I think I'd request for them to omit the chives and add in bean sprouts. This is another big bowl of noodles which I was not able to finish.


It's a nice place to have breakfast, not too crowded and price is reasonable.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...