Thursday, May 24, 2012

Baked Rice @ Citrus

We both wanted baked rice.

Seafood Baked Rice, RM11.90
Fried Rice, fish, squid, prawns, cream sauce topped with generous sprinkle of cheese to whet your appetite.

Devil's Peak, RM11.90
Chunks of spiced curry chicken topped on delicious fried rice, oven baked to reach its yummiest peak.

Well, the Seafood Baked Rice was a major disappointment. Firstly, the rice was not well-cooked. It seemed a bit hard to the bite. The rice was stir-fried with minced button mushrooms and eggs, and tasted very bland. The cream sauce, though creamy, had not much of taste. The sprinkle of cheese did not appear generous to me. Truthfully, only those parts covered with cheese were tasty. I asked for black pepper and chilli sauce, but even with those extra flavouring, the whole dish did not whet my appetite.

My friend, however, liked the curry baked rice. It was not spicy but the heavy use of rempah made the dish appetising. My friend said that it compelled her to finish her rice. My friend gave it a grade B. Her complaints? Lol. First, use of chicken breast meat. Hmn, well, I agree that chicken thigh meat will be juicier and tastier. Second, too little potatoes. Lol, I dislike potatoes, so I won't agree with her on that. ;p

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...