Thursday, May 17, 2012

Lunch @ Ve-G King


Well, there were stir-fried rice and noodles, vegetables and other vegetarian dishes which patrons could order. Or they could just select what they wanted to eat from the rows of stainless steel food trays. I opted to eat rice and vegetables, and so I headed to the counter to pick my food. It was only about 12.00 p.m., and the dishes were almost sold out already! Business was sure good!

 Left with not much of a choice, I had ... 

My plate : 
Sfir-fried Ceylon Spinach - It's not my favourite vegetable; but this one was not bad, quite tender
Sweet and Sour Tofu - I did not like this dish which tasted sweet, the tomato flavouring tasted funny
 Mock Meat with Chinese Long Cabbage - I found this dish quite tasty, the mock meat savoury and flavoured the cabbage nicely. 

My complaint, however, was that the dishes were cold. Hmn. It sure wasn't that great to eat cold vegetables and cold tofu.  
 
That aside, my friends and I shared these ...

 Sizzling Tofu
This tofu dish was really yum ...the gravy tasted of mushrooms and it had bits of black fungus in there. I loved it. Highly recommended.

4 Mushrooms Soup
The soup tasted of dang gui, so it was quite fragrant. It had in there shitake, enoki, oyster and shimeji mushrooms. There were also red dates and dang gui slices. It was served hot.

My friend, who is a vegetarian and a regular customer, disclosed that the chef here had experience working in the UK for 23 years! Impressive, eh? My friend too recommended a few dishes which she liked. Among which was the Seaweed Fried Rice. I suppose I will leave that till next time. :))

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...