Friday, May 11, 2012

Kuih Cincin From Sabah

My friend went on a company trip to Kota Kinabalu over the weekend, and she brought back for me a packet of Kuih Cincin. Translated to English it just means "Ring Cake", though to me, it's more like a snack rather than a cake.

Kuih Cincin is a traditional delicacy in Sabah, and is mainly produced by the Malay community. It is made of red palm sugar, rice flour and water. The ingredients are mixed into a dough, shaped and the coated with a rice flour batter before being deep-fried. It's deep-fried twice, in fact.

It is widely sold in Sabah and anyone who visits will invariably bring back some,

Airflown from Kota Kinabalu, Sabah ... 

Kuih Cincin

That's what it looks like inside ...


Well, I opened up the package and started munching on the crunchy snacks. Though deep-fried, they weren't the least bit greasy. They were not too sweet either, and I suppose that's why it's rather popular among Sabahans as a tea-time snack.

Anyway, thanks to A**** for the sweet treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...