Saturday, October 20, 2012

ABC & Fritters

My friend and I headed to Krokop 5 to enjoy some cold drinks and fritters. It was a really hot day. My friend said that she liked to eat here at this stall at the market. It is usually very packed, and sometimes she had to share tables with other people!

The stall

I ordered an ABC ...

ABC is essentially shaved ice, flavoured with palm sugar, milk or coconut milk. Hidden under all those ice, one would find red beans, cendol, grass jelly and sago pearls. Stir to mix well and then enjoy!

The colourful ingredients 
The ABC was not too sweet when the ice melted, but I think I would prefer MORE red beans in there. 

My friend and I shared a RM5.00 plate of fritters ... 

 Deep-fried fritters
It had cucumber slices, prawn fritters, sweet potato fritters, yam fritters, and deep-fried tofu. The fritters were sliced and then arranged on the plate and then served with a black rojak sauce.

Beneath the sauce .... 
My friend sang praises of the fritters. However, I did not like it much as I thought it was tasteless. Well, the fritters were crunchy and crispy, but that was about it. I could not taste prawn in the prawn crackers. I could not taste the sweet potato nor the yam. You know what, probably the tastiest fritter in there were in tofu. Lol. The sauce was also lacking in taste and flavour. 

Hmn ... I do not think I'd come all the way here for the ABC and fritters anymore ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...