Thursday, October 18, 2012

Chicken & Mushroom Stew

I realised that I had not have homecooked rice and dishes for a while. I suppose that I was carried away with noodles for the past 2 weeks at least. Also, I was a bit busy with work. And I was feeling quite lousy about stuff. So anyway, I was starting to miss my rice and vegetables.

So, I decided to cook myself a stew. It's pretty easy to cook. The part which I did not like was to clean the chicken. I hate cleaning chicken. Lols. But there wasn't choice but to grit my teeth and get my hands dirty with it.

These were the ingredients I used. Just chicken, pre-soaked Shiitake mushrooms, ginger and garlic.


The ingredients : I'd marinated the chicken for a while with sesame oil, a dash of soy sauce and some Shaoxing wine

Then I heated up the pan and sauteed the aromatics in a bit of oil and then dump in the chicken and mushrooms.

Cooking .... 

After that, I added seasoning and water and let it stew till the flavours were infused. The seasoning comprised merely of some soy sauce, oyster sauce, sugar and salt. Not sure how long I stewed the chicken and mushrooms for, probably about 30 minutes on very low fire. 

 Yay! Time to eat ...... 

I served my stew with plain whtie rice and a cabbage stir-fry. 

Goodness! I hadn't eaten rice for 3 days! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...