Monday, October 8, 2012

Ajisen

My friend and I headed to Ajisen for dinner the other night. We had ...

 Salmon Sashimi @RM14.90
I always enjoyed salmon sashimi ... there were six pieces of reasonable thickness and tasted fresh and yum.

Deep-fried chicken wings @ RM6.90
There were only 2 wings, and they were sure tasty - crispy and well-marinated.

We each ordered an item for the mains ... 

Spicy Cha Shu Ramen @ RM15.90
Where's the cha shu? Hmn .... well ... it had sunken into the broth. To me, it looked like strips of pork belly instead of the round Cha Shu that is usually served with ramen. There were 3 thin strips, by the way. Other than that there was spicy minced meat , beansprouts, seaweed and egg. I liked the chewy texture of the seaweed and I thought the egg tasted great. Other than that, the ramen and its broth was ordinary. Really, Ramen Santouka  had set a really high standard for me ... 

 My friend had Teriyaki salmon with rice and coleslaw. She did not comment so I did not know whether she liked it or not. The food came with a cup of green tea and cost RM17.90.

The food cost us RM57.50. The tax was RM 5.75. So we paid RM63.25 for dinner that night. I'd say that it was darn expensive. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...