Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Great Combination

I went to the market with my parents early that Thursday morning. Dad exclaimed excitedly, "He's here! Do you want to try one?"

Who? What? But ok. I'd try anything.

Dad placed an order, and had to wait for a good 10 minutes. Really, the queue was long. Hmn ... the buns had to be good.

Well, there was this vendor who came on a motorbike to the market on certain days. Not sure which days apart from Thursdays. he sold toasted buns with barbecue meat and chicken floss. Hmn ... I'd never had buns with both barbecue meat and floss. I'd usually have one or the other. But since the vendor sold his buns that way, it had to be a great combination. 

Anyway, the vendor came on a motorbike. It had a grill, a table top and a glass display case attached on the side. As I watched him, he was busy toasting buttered buns and then assembling them on the table top. He deftly cut a piece of barbecued meat into half, and then placed it on the toasted bun. Then he sprinkled some meat floss on the centre of the bun and placed 2 slices of cucumber on top. Mayo and chilli were squeezed over the ingredients and then closed off with the other half of the bun.

 Assembly line ... 

Back home, I took a bite of the barbecue meat & floss sandwich .... and yum ..... it was delicious. Unexpectedly.

Yummy ... 

The barbecue meat was reasonably thick and yet it was not tough to the bite. Quite juicy and tender, in fact. I could not make out the taste of the floss, which was probably overwhelmed by the barbecued meat. But the bread was still slightly crispy, the burnt edges exuding a smoky flavour.

And that made a great breakfast! 

4 comments:

  1. Look yummy. Which part of Kenyalang market does he do his business? How much is it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks yum! I've never seen this before! :O

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops ... not Kenyalang market. It was in KL. I was at the Cheras market.The man's mobile, so I presume he sells at different markets every day. Each bun cost RM2.50. And well, it was yummier than I expected it to be.

    ReplyDelete

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...