Sunday, October 7, 2012

咸香饼

For the past few days, I was kind of addicted to these salty, sweet and fragrant biscuits from Chop Chin Leong Confectionery at Krokop. I was thinking that if I ever leave Miri one day, these biscuits would be something that I would miss!

I do remember the boy who told me about these biscuits. It was many years ago when I first came to Miri and I was chatting with this student, and he introduced me to these biscuits. Ever since I tried them, I liked them. Why? Hmn ... they weren't cloyingly sweet, they were fragrant, the filling was rather soft and chewy especially when eaten fresh. Yumm.

One can buy the biscuits at the confectionery itself. I'd only go there when I needed to buy a lot of biscuits. Otherwise, I'd just buy them from the supermarket. There were 4 pieces in a pack and cost only RM2.20.

咸香饼
Salty & fragrant goodness in a biscuit

I always enjoyed having the biscuits with a cup of hot coffee. These biscuits, though, were rather filling, probably very high in calories. So eat in moderation! 

3 comments:

  1. What is the translation? Google translator came up with black sesame salted cake. if you know the pinyin that would be even better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In Mandarin, it is Xian Xiang Bing ... Xian means salty, Xiang means fragrant and Bing means pastry, biscuit or cake. So Xian Xiang Bing when directly translated means Salty Fragrant Biscuit.

    ReplyDelete

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...