Sunday, October 21, 2012

Found!

I've found it. What? The best kolo mee!

My friend and I actually went to eat laksa that morning. I had a craving. And since I liked the laksa at New Yakin Food Court, my friend was more than happy to come with me. She claimed that she could eat laksa on a daily basis. Lol.

Laksa, RM4.50
What I liked about the laksa here was the gravy which I found to be richly flavoured with coconut milk. Very lemak. That was the most important for a good bowl of laksa. In my opinion though, they could improve the laksa by using thicker vermicelli noodles. They could improve on the garnishing too. I could not even recall whether they had omelette strips and blanched beansprouts in there! Despite this, the laksa here is still tasty, compared to many places in Miri. 

On a whim, I decided to order kolo mee as well. My friend claimed that she needed to order a "side dish" to eat with her laksa. She always went for dim sum, but since the stall was not opened yesterday, I persuaded her to share the kolo mee with me. Lol.

I ordered from stall no. 13, as recommended by my friend. The best kolo mee, according to him. So I was so eager to try it.

Kolo mee, RM2.50
And guess what? It was FANTASTIC!
A good kolo mee had to be fragrant, and this one met my standard. This one was moist and coated with the fragrance of shallot oil and lard. After one spoonful, I shoved away my laksa and concentrated on the kolo mee instead. Lol. It was even tastier than the laksa.

And so, I was really jubilant that morning, as I had found the kolo mee I liked! Yay! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...