Friday, October 19, 2012

Bakuteh Lunch

I had not eaten here at Good Taste for a while, so I quite enjoyed lunch today!

Bak Kut Teh, serving for 1

One could have a choice of meats. My friend and I asked for lean meat, but the Auntie persuaded us to have pork ribs too. I was hesitant. I was not too impressed with the ribs here the last time. But Auntie assured us that we would be served a lean and meaty cut. So we both gave in. 

Well, I must say that the Auntie kept to her word! Besides, there was a button mushroom and a shiitake mushroom, some beancurd sticks, some deep-fried tofu, and a leaf of lettuce. I enjoyed today's Bak Kut Teh a lot!  

Rice
The shallot rice was savoury and fragrant, very yum when eaten with the soup ...

 Youtiao or deep-fried crullers
A really delicious accompaniment to the soup .... I love to have this dunk in the herbal soup before tucking in ...


Baby Kai Lan with Garlic
Crisp and green and generously garnished with deep-fried garlic, this vege platter was delicious as well.

The bill came to RM33.30 for the two pots of bakuteh, 2 rice, a bowl of youtiao and a veg. Lunch was satisfying indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...