Monday, October 15, 2012

I Love Dabai!

My friend bought some dabai. But she was just letting them sit on the table. This afternoon, we decided to have them for tea! So I washed them and put in them in a large bowl. Then I added a bit of cold water as I was told to. Only after that did I pour in the hot water. I had the dabai fruits covered and soaked for about 10 minutes.

And I was quite happy because they weren't sticky at all! On my previous attempts, the fruits was slightly sticky because of a layer of latex that covered them. Everything else got sticky - the bowl, the spoons and even my hands. It was sure annoying.

Anyway after that, I poured in a generous amount of soy sauce to coat the dabai, and served.

Dabai, RM20.00 per kg

Yum .... I enjoyed the rich flesh and the distinctive taste. The shaved ones tasted better - softer. The unshaved ones had harder skin. We finished half a kilogramme in one sitting.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...