Sunday, October 28, 2012

Noodles & Soups

Well, I can't say that there's anything special with the noodles ...

Braised noodles, RM5.50
There's noodles in a thick dark sauce which taste was not so memorable .. some pork, prawns, carrots and greens were the other ingredients used to cook this dish.

Stir-fried Cantonese Style Kueh Tiaw, RM5.50
The kueh tiaw or flat rice noodles had a smoky flavour ... but I thought the egg gravy tasted a bit bland ... also in there were pork slices, prawns and greens ... not bad but not that great.

The soup here is only RM3.00 per single serving.

Ba Zhen with Duck
My friend had this and she said it was tasteless - neither sweet nor salty ....

But I did like my soup ...

Chicken with ginseng roots
I liked the clear soup which had a robust herbal flavour. Inside the bowl was a piece of chicken, some red dates, wolfberries and lots of ginseng roots.

We had our dinner at Hong Kong Duck Restaurant, actually. I'd come back for the soup ... and maybe try the other stuff here. 

2 comments:

  1. Is ba zhen another type of soup - it looked very dark and thick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it's a herbal soup but not a favourite of mine because I really found the taste to be overpowering. It's supposed to be nourishing, especially for the ladies. Ba Zhen translates to be 8 Treasures, implying that there are 8 types of Chinese herbs used.

    ReplyDelete

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...