Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Maggi Goreng

Hmn ... I felt like experimenting today. I wanted to cook Maggi Goreng. I was inspired by a picture on Instagram. Again. Lols. That always happened to me, it seemed. Right after that, I searched online for some recipes, and well, different people came up with their very own versions. There's no right or wrong, I suppose.

So, with a fair idea of how I should go about cooking my own Maggi Goreng, I headed to the supermarket for some ingredients and thereafter spent a bit of time doing the preparation ....

From the top : Beansprouts, spring onions, squid rings, a packet of blanched noodles. fishballs, sausages, spice paste

Then I went about cooking it. First, I sauteed the spice paste which was made up of garlic, shallots and chillies. Then I added the squids, fishballs and sausages. As soon as I put in those ingredients, I knew that I had too little spice paste in there. Next time I must prepare more spices. After that, I dumped in the noodles and the beansprouts, soy sauce and mixed them well. Then I cracked in an egg, and added to the noodle mixture half a packet of Maggi curry flavouring. Before eating, I squeezed in some lime. 

My very own Maggi Goreng

Hmn ... I'd tweak the recipe a bit next time. For starters, I'd like it more spicy ... and perhaps with a stronger curry flavour. So I'd add more chillies and more curry flavouring next time! 

Couldn't even finish eating ... saving some for the next meal ... hmn ... but I thought the picture looked pretty delicious. ;p

Well, it was fun experimenting .... searching for my next inspiration on Instagram ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...