Friday, October 12, 2012

Nasi Ayam Penyet

This stall at the Saberkas Night Market has operated for quite long, selling nasi katok, nasi lemak and nasi ayam penyet. But I'd never bought their food before.

Today, my regular nasi lemak stall was not opened. So after browsing around, I decided to buy myself a packet of nasi ayam penyet.

Nasi ayam penyet, RM6.00
The rice was pretty much plain rice, and there were 2 slices of carrots and 2 slices of cucumbers, a packet of sambal and a deep-fried chicken thigh.
Nothing much that is special here .... the sambal was quite piquant and spicy and the chicken was alright. Admittedly, I bought it for the chicken, which I ate together with some sambal. Much of the rice, I threw away. Wasteful, huh? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...