Thursday, October 25, 2012

Noodle & Sandwich

My friend and I shared a noodle and a sandwich at X Cuisine the other day ...

Scrambled Egg Hor Fun - RM8.90
Beneath the starchy egg sauce was kueh tiaw, or flat rice noodles. They were lightly stir-fried and were pale in colour. Diners could opt for a selection of meats to go with the noodles - seafood, pork, beef or chicken. I   chose seafood - and in my noodles were 2 slices of fish, some prawns and some squids. Vegetables provided texture, and X Cuisine had some French beans and beansprouts in there. The egg sauce was rather tasty. I quite enjoyed the noodles with lots of  fresh chillies.    


Cheese & Egg Sandwich, RM6.90
The egg omelette was fried rather thinly. As thin as the cheese slice. But at least the sandwich was moistened with lots of shredded carrots in a sweet dressing and lettuce.

There were lots of people during lunch time, but the waiting time was reasonable. My friend wants to try the sea cucumber thick soup. So we WILL be back soon. 

2 comments:

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...