Thursday, October 11, 2012

Waiting

A few months back, I was conversing with MV over the phone and he said that he was on the way to the airport to greet a VIP who was coming back from an overseas trip. "Okay," I said but I did not give it much thought.

Later, he said to me, "A lot of people were there ...."

But I could not in my life imagine what the scenario was like. Till today, when I experienced it myself.

So what is it like to wait for a VIP? Hmn ... it involved a lot of time. We were instructed to assemble at 2.00 p.m.


And having no information at all about when the VIP would arrive, we stood there and waited. And waited. And waited. 2 hours later, the VIP was still no where in sight ......

I decided to wait no more. So I left. Along with so many others. Effort wasted as we had waited in vain.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...