Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Beautiful

I love fresh flowers ... and I love to take photographs of them. While walking around the school this morning, I managed to shoot these ....



Well, I was supposed to be on the look out for rubbish ... but of course, these pretty blooms were definitely more attractive!

The annual prize-giving had always been a grand affair at school. It is a time where we celebrate student achievement. So the entire school was mobilised into a working committee in preparation for the function. I was the rubbish lady, and my rubbish squad and I were strolling the compound to pick up rubbish that morning itself before the event commenced, but I was apparently distracted by the flowers. Lols.

Later in the day, I came across these beautiful flower arrangements! My colleagues had arranged 2 table bouquets using the plants which they sourced around the school. And I thought they looked so pretty and irresistable ....

Beautiful, right? 

A blooming pink torch ginger flower

The flower arrangement immediately brightened up the drabness of the dining room by adding a splash of colour. I thought my colleagues were so creative and talented!

In the meantime, lunch was pretty disappointing ....

Some spicy but tasteless chicken with equally tasteless fish cooked in soy and mixed vegetables.

In the olden days, refreshments for our function used to be lavish .... now however, the food really lacked in creativity and taste. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...