Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Soup Overdose

I went to AT's new house the other day. He moved in quite some time ago, and I had always intended to look at his new house. So when he buzzed me early one morning, I thought it was a perfect time to pay him a visit.

Well, I was impressed with the size of the brand new semi-detached house. It was huge! And he lived alone. And so I hung out there for most of the morning while helping him with IT matters ... and it was kind of him to feed me with a bowl of soup. It was piping hot black bean soup which he had painstakingly boiled for many hours. Yum ....

Then, we went out to his current regular haunt for lunch. We went to a corner coffee shop, Ah Chiang's at Bintang Commercial Centre. Goodness, this man eats here every day! And he eats chicken rice every day! Not good for you, I told him. Plain rice does not taste good, he replied.

 Chicken rice

 Steamed herbal chicken soup
The soup was clear and full of the flavour of Chinese herbs. I do not really know what herbs. There were 2 chunks of chicken thigh meat in there. The soup was not salty, so it was easy to drink. I liked that it was served boiling hot. Direct from the steamer, so it really warmed the stomach. Plus, it made me feel so healthy! Lol. 

Braised soy egg
The egg was nice, but I thought the braising sauce tasted slightly heavily of spices. 

And so, I had 2 bowls on soup in just a matter of a few hours .... it will last me for a few weeks at least. I'm now suffering from soup overdose. Lol. It's really true that too much of a good thing isn't good at all! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...